So you have a loved one who needs rehab and you have decided on Delray Beach, the recovery capital of the US. Where do you go from here? Finding a Delray Rehab you can trust with your loved ones recovery process can be a daunting task. If you Google “Delray Rehab” you are bombarded with thousands of links and hundreds of different treatment options. Here are some basic guidelines to finding a Delray Rehab you can trust that might make the process a little easier:
- Drug and alcohol treatment can be expensive, and there is no point in finding a Delray Rehab Center if you cannot afford to send your loved one there. That is why the first step in finding a Delray Rehab is to research your loved one’s health care insurance coverage. Many people don’t realize that many health care plans will cover a stay at an alcohol treatment center at little or no out of pocket cost. Most states (43 of them) have laws that require plans to cover a stay at a drug and alcohol treatment center. Because of the stigma associated with addiction, you may have to be prepared to challenge the health insurance carrier if they deny coverage. Some states find it difficult to enforce the laws regarding drug and alcohol treatment centers because of this stigma. Keep in mind that group health insurance is required to comply with state law, but financially, it is beneficial to them to deny coverage. Research your state laws before you contact your loved one’s health insurance carrier and don’t take no for an answer. With the right attitude and information, you can find Delray Rehab Centers that will take your insurance.
- Secondly, you need to evaluate your loved one, or ask his or her doctor, how severe their addiction is. If they experience withdrawals when they do not take drugs or drink, you probably should seek a Delray Rehab that offers a detox process. Withdrawal from drugs and alcohol can be very uncomfortable, and many who try to do it at home end up relapsing to relieve the discomfort. In a medical detox facility, medical professionals will be able to administer medication to relieve the withdrawal symptoms and monitor your loved one’s vitals to ensure the process is safe.
- Next, check the credentials of the Delray Rehab you are considering. Ask them about the education of their staff. Find out how long the center has been treating patients and what their success rate is. Request information about their philosophy in treating addiction.
These questions may help you learn more about the program at a Delray rehab center:
- Do you use a 12-step approach or an alternative treatment philosophy?
- Is it inpatient or outpatient treatment?
- What is the average length of stay?
- What methods do you use to treat patients?
- How are families involved in the treatment process?
- Does your treatment center offer any follow-up program to help prevent relapse?
- What is your staff to client ratio?
- What are the goals and philosophy of your drug and alcohol rehab center?
Finally, visit the Delray Rehab Center if possible. Check out their living and treatment accommodations. Pictures of rehab centers can often be deceiving, so it’s best to see them in person whenever possible.
If you or someone you know needs a Delray Rehab call us at (877) 711-HOPE (4673) or visit us online at www.palmpartners.com.