When it comes to having a problem with anything, there are typically signs that lead people to figuring it out. With drug use, there are a lot of different signs that tell you that you have a problem. I’ve come up with the top 10 signs you have a problem with drugs. These problems tend to sneak up on you and you might not even realize them until you read this but hopefully this can be helpful.
10 Signs You Have a Problem with Drugs…
1. You neglect your responsibilities and don’t care about the things you usually care about. (you don’t care about anything except drugs and getting high)
2. Your drug usage has gotten you into legal troubles. (everyone gets in trouble with the cops though, right?)
3. You’ve driven or done other dangerous activities while high. (it’s not my fault I didn’t see that stop sign)
4. You’ve built up a high tolerance for drugs (or certain drugs and it takes a lot for you to feel anything).
5. You’ve been fighting with family members or friends and even ruined some relationships. (you and your families relationships have become such a mess)
6. You say that you only use drugs so that you aren’t sick (withdrawing is the worst feeling ever).
7. You’ve lost control over your drug use. (even if you didn’t want to use, you couldn’t stop)
8. Your life revolves around getting drugs or getting high. (all day, every day you are doing or looking for drugs)
9. You stopped doing activities or hobbies that you used to enjoy. (crack is a hobby, isn’t it?)
10. Despite the consequences, you continue to use drugs. (you fear change and are comfortable in your ways with drugs)
If any of these sounds like you then chances are you have a problem with drugs and should probably seek help. At first, change can be very scary and unknown but living the life of a drug addict is not a life anyone wants to live. Looking back on it I am so glad I got help and didn’t stay in my addiction because if I did, I would either be in jail or dead by now. Seeking help in treatment is what saved my life and could save yours, too. If you go to rehab, they will take you to 12-step meetings and show you a way of life without drugs. You can be happy without using drugs. I’m happier now off drugs than I’ve ever been on drugs or even before I did them. If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse or addiction, please call toll free 1-800-951-6135.