Alcohol Rehab Benefits. Could You Use Alcohol Rehab?
Alcohol rehab is for the treatment of alcohol addiction. Alcohol rehab can last from a few weeks to a few months and is usually started off with an alcohol detox. Alcohol rehab is perfect for someone with an alcohol addiction because it gives them a chance to get away and clear their head. Alcohol rehab is a safe haven away from the risks and temptations of what would make recovering a struggle.
Alcohol rehab gives someone with an alcohol addiction a much higher percentage rate of success than someone who does not go to an alcohol rehab. Whether it holds the name alcohol rehab or drug rehab, all rehabs essentially do the same thing. They take an alcoholic or drug addict out of their comfortable environment and put them in a safe place where they will be able to not only clean their bodies, but learn certain tools and techniques to make their sobriety last long after alcohol rehab is over.
Alcohol addiction is life threatening and dangerous. The symptoms and signs of alcohol addiction can vary based on environmental factors, social status, age and gender. All of these give a brief outline of what it looks like and may help you decide if you need an alcohol rehab. If you want to know if you need alcohol rehab you can look for certain signs and symptoms of alcohol addiction.
- The ability to consume a good deal of alcohol without getting intoxicate
- A preoccupation with drinking and alcohol
- Experiencing blackouts or memory lapses
- The use of alcohol to alter one’s mood, i.e., to “calm the nerves”
- Binge drinking: episodic, gross over indulgence
- Hiding alcohol or sneaking drinks
- Drinking before events or social gatherings
- Job losses or complaints by employers regarding one’s drinking
- Relationship or marital problems as a result of too much drinking
- Friends, relatives or co-workers complain about problem drinking incidents
- Alcohol related arrests: public intoxication, DUI, lewd behavior, altercations
- Behavioral changes while intoxicated: anger, sexual promiscuity, rash acts
- Feeling remorseful or ashamed of behavior after drinking
- Losing friendships or social rejection as a result of one’s drinking
- Drinking before noon
- A decline in self-care or hygiene
- Family history of alcohol abuse or alcoholism
- Frequent intoxication: drinking two or more days a week
- Physical harm as a result of drinking (accidents or fights)
- Drinking alone
If you have one or more of these signs you probably could benefit from an alcohol rehab. Alcohol rehab can take you out of the environment where all of these signs can become readily available. Alcohol rehab could be the place where you finally achieve the peace and serenity you have wanted for so long but couldn’t get because you couldn’t stop drinking. There are a multitude of alcohol rehabs across the country and if you utilize the internet you can find the perfect one for you. Alcohol rehab could potentially save your life, your mind, your body and your soul, you just have to allow it to happen. Change starts with that first bit of action to do something different.
If you or someone you know wants to recover pick up the phone take that first step and call: 877-711-HOPE(4763) or go to www.palmpartners.com