Trusted Help Available 24/7. Privacy Guaranteed.

Free 24 Hour Helpline Get Help Now

888-490-0115 Who Answers?

Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Professionals

Author: Justin Mckibben

Sometimes people are looking for drug and alcohol treatment for professionals because they have active careers that they wish to keep, and want to be assured that not only are they able to work their schedule or responsibilities around their time in treatment, but to be sure that their anonymity will be kept once they have entered into treatment. Drug and alcohol treatment for employees is available when someone takes medical leave or uses vacation time to maintain their job while getting the help they need.

Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Professionals: FMLA

With legislations and regulations to protect patients such as the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) employers are responsible for providing access to drug and alcohol treatment to their employees. The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave. Those employees looking for drug and alcohol treatment for professionals have several options as long as they are eligible. If so, employees are entitled to 12 workweeks of leave in a 12-month period for:

  • The birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth;
  • The placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care and to care for the newly placed child within one year of placement;
  • To care for the employee’s spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition;
  • A serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job;
  • Any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a covered military member on “covered active duty;” or

Or even 26 workweeks of leave during a single 12-month period to care for a covered service member with a serious injury or illness if the eligible employee is the service member’s spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin.

Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Professionals: Other Assistance Programs

Along with FMLA there are other assistance programs that are available to help people seeking drug and alcohol treatment for employees such as:

  • EAP (Employee Assistance Program)

work-based intervention program designed to identify and assist employees in resolving personal problems (e.g., marital, financial or emotional problems; family issues; substance/alcohol abuse)

  • MAP (Member Assistance Program)

Help Union members and their families with personal and work-related concerns. Implementing and promoting a MAP provides early intervention and helps members balance work responsibilities and their personal lives.

  • LAP (Labor Assistance Professionals)

dedicated to obtaining comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment for employees, and all other mental health services for our members at a reasonable and fair price, while advocating for member assistance program development within labor and for recognition of the key role labor plays from the fields’ professional organization and by its treatment providers.

These programs are very beneficial to the individual looking for drug and alcohol treatment for professionals or drug and alcohol treatment for employees, but it can be an involved process that adds strain and stress to your already-busy Human Resources Department.

But Palm Healthcare offers assistance to employers and their employees when it comes to initiating the treatment process. Our Addiction Specialists and Case Managers are just one part of a compassionated staff thoroughly trained to navigate the process so that employees seeking drug and alcohol treatment for professionals can do so easily and seamlessly.

Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Professionals: Accessible Admission

With just one phone call to our facility, our professionals can assist with the entire process of enrollment into drug and alcohol treatment for professionals. The Palm Healthcare staff is familiar with all aspects of enrollment, from verifying insurance benefits to identifying an appropriate treatment program, to choosing a program for ongoing follow-up aftercare drug and alcohol treatment for employees, such as an intensive outpatient program (IOP).

  • We are able to verify insurance benefits within 2 hours of your call
  • We can often facilitate your employee’s program admission within 24 hours
  • We handle the research, paperwork, and all logistics involved in the process
  • We make it easy so that there are no hiccups in the process

At Palm Healthcare, we strive to remove the obstacles and barriers that limit access to treatment so that your employees, members, and their loved ones can find the treatment program that best suits their needs.

Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Professionals: HIPPA

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) is regulation designed to protect personal information and data collected and stored in medical records. HIPPA has established a national standard to be used in all doctors’ offices, hospitals and other businesses where personal medical information is stored. HIPPA protects personal medical information, and being a HIPPA compliant business any individual seeking drug and alcohol treatment for professionals can be assured that their privacy is protected.

Addiction is not specific to the unemployed, plenty of people who have serious issues with substance abuse have jobs or careers they have worked a life-time for, even businessmen and CEO’s need help sometimes. Drugs and alcohol are dangerous and do not discriminate, but there is drug and alcohol treatment available for professionals. If you or someone you love is struggling with substance abuse or addiction, please call toll-free 1-800-951-6135


Where do calls go?

Calls to numbers on a specific treatment center listing will be routed to that treatment center. Additional calls will also be forwarded and returned by a quality treatment center within the USA.

Calls to any general helpline (non-facility specific 1-8XX numbers) for your visit will be answered by a licensed drug and alcohol rehab facility, a paid advertiser on

All calls are private and confidential.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This