Trusted Help Available 24/7. Privacy Guaranteed.

Free 24 Hour Helpline Get Help Now

877-711-4673

Liquid Nitrogen Martini

Liquid Nitrogen Martini

Have you ever hear of a liquid nitrogen cocktail? I’ve heard of bizarre drink names like Brain Hemorrhage, Bloody Tampon or Mountain Dew Me but never have I heard of an alcoholic drink containing a dangerous poisonous chemical (besides the alcohol itself) that could instantly kill someone. Well now I have and it’s called the ‘Nitro Jagermeister’ and it’s ingredients include Jagermeister and liquid nitrogen. Most of us have seen Terminator and know enough about Chemistry to know that liquid nitrogen is not something you can touch with your bare hands nonetheless drink!

Liquid nitrogen has many different uses such as:

  • in the cryopreservation of blood, reproductive cells and other biological samples
  • in the process of promession, a way to dispose of the dead
  • coolant for computers
  • a method of freezing water pipes in order to work on them in situations where a valve is not available to block water flow to the work area.

I’m not sure what would prompt anyone to drink a liquid nitrogen cocktail but that’s exactly what an 18 year old girl reportedly drank and then was rushed to the hospital with severe consequences. This is what is known so far as reported by The Westmoreland Gazette:

“The girl, of Heysham, had been out with friends on Thursday evening and reported feeling breathless after drinking a cocktail containing liquid nitrogen.

She then developed severe stomach pain and was taken to Lancaster Royal Infirmary at about 11pm.

There she was diagnosed with a perforated stomach and underwent emergency surgery to remove her stomach.

She is currently in a serious but stable condition.

Lancashire Police continues to work closely with partner agencies and the licensed premises involved.

A Lancashire Police spokesperson said: “The investigation is still in its early stages and we are still interviewing witnesses to establish the full facts.

“The premises involved have fully cooperated with all agencies and have suspended drinks involving liquid nitrogen.”

Pretty bizarre, huh?

After the surgery she was well enough to tweet on Twitter: ‘Maybe stay off  the liquid  nitrogen’ is not a f****** funny thing to say to me.’ She  also tweeted: ‘I  nearly died.’  Both tweets were later removed from the  website.

In all honesty this is another example of the irresponsible advertising being made by the Alcohol Industry to find new ways to market to young people. There’s not limit to what they will do to get more people to drink.

Teenager has stomach removed to save her life

 

 

Sources:

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/9970724.Girl_hospitalised_after_drinking_cocktail_containing_liquid_nitrogen_in_Lancaster/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/07/liquid-nitrogen-cocktail-lancashire-teen-stomach-removed_n_1946286.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_nitrogen#Uses

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214268/Gaby-Scanlon-Teenager-stomach-removed-save-life-drinking-trendy-liquid-nitrogen-cocktail.html

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This