Is Palm Partners LGBT Friendly?
At Palm Partners our doors and hearts are open to everyone. We provide a safe environment for anyone who is willing to seek treatment for their addiction. We do not judge you on your past, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, economic situation, etc. Neither we, nor anyone else can judge you. We are here to help you beat your addiction and help you feel great about yourself; that is all.
If and when you do come to Palm Partners we know that you are an individual and you may have special needs or request in order to further enhance your recovery.
If you consider yourself to be a part of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered community please be aware that we offer services here to address your needs. We know that the issues that affect you are unique in themselves and we can provide you with therapy and services that address those specific issues.
Did you know that about, “20 percent to 30 percent of gay and transgender people abuse substances, compared to about 9 percent of the general population”?
According to American Progress the three main factors leading to these rates of substance use and abuse among gay and transgender people are due to:
- High level of stress that comes from social prejudice and discriminatory laws in areas of daily life such as employment, relationship recognition, and health care.
- Lack of cultural competency in the health care system discourages gay and transgender people from seeking treatment for substance abuse, and—if they do seek help—often leads to inappropriate or irrelevant services.
- Targeted marketing efforts by alcohol and tobacco companies exploit the connection many gay and transgender people have to bars and clubs as safe spaces for socializing and increase easy access to tobacco products and alcohol.
At Palm Partners we openly embrace the LGBT community and are a LGBT friendly drug rehab. Palm Partners offers unique LGBT groups and also has a therapist on staff that specializes in LGBT therapy. We connect clients with the local LGBT community and provide them with resources that can help them after they’ve left us.
The LGBT therapy includes multiple different facets of addiction for lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, and transgender persons. Some of the things Palm Partners helps with are:
- AIDS/HIV positive issues
- Sexuality issues
- Relationship issues for the addict and the co-addict
- Incest/child abuse
- Sexual identity and crossover issues
- Crisis intervention
- Medication management
- Alcohol and drug dependency
- Adult children of alcoholics
- Eating disorders and food addictions
- Couples conflict and intimacy issues
Not all drug treatment centers are created equal and not all of them have programs that are LGBT friendly. Here are some other things that Palm Partners does that make them unique with the LGBT community.
In helping lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, and transgender persons; Palm Partners can help with coming out, internal and external homophobia, socialization and sobriety skills. Not just that but Palm Partners can also help sexual compulsivity and addiction to sex. The therapy for those that are LGBT also includes therapy for trauma, incest/child abuse and rape, codependency, and couples conflict resolution.
As part of the LGBT therapy Palm Partners also offers HIV/AIDS groups and classes as well as groups to deal with grief and loss. There is also education and counseling for the families of those who are lesbian, gay men, bisexual or transgender.
If your loved one is in need of addiction treatment, please give us a call at 800-951-6135.