Hope and Healing
You or a loved one can recover from addiction. Successful treatment happens every day. All that’s required are a strong desire to create change and live a new life — and a recovery center that specializes in detox and an individualized continuum of care.
A customized treatment plan is essential, because each addict has a unique combination of needs. For example, you may have a co-occurring psychiatric disorder such as depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder. Or you may have experienced stress or trauma. To treat these and other needs, a tailored, multi-disciplinary approach is what leads to recovery.
The Journey Begins
Recognizing that addiction exists and that help is needed at a recovery center is your important first step. Trying to recover alone is not a good option.
The next step is safe, medically supervised detox, usually lasting 4-10 days. State-licensed physicians at a center use proven protocols in an environment that is caring and supportive. Constant assessment and monitoring help manage withdrawal, providing you as much comfort as possible.
Then, even though after detox you may feel liberated from addiction, change won’t last till you get professional help with rehab.
A Continuum of Care
In fact, long-term recovery depends on long-term rehab. That’s because the values, skill sets and lifestyle required for change take time to establish.
Certified addiction professionals help with this continuum of care in a variety of settings:
• Residential intensive care — appropriate for those in treatment and those who are prone to relapse
• Residential outpatient care — builds a strong support network and encourages employment in the community
• Outpatient intensive care — designed for those who have a stable residence and work in the local area
• Other outpatient care — helps prevent relapse through further structured treatment
• Aftercare — provides regular group discussions, additional help as well as monitoring of the post-treatment process
All of these options don’t have to be used. You may already have detoxed and received treatment and just need outpatient care to stabilize. Or you may be ready to immediately start residential care. Wherever you are on the continuum, the recovery center is there to heal mind, body and spirit and prevent relapse.
If you or a loved one needs treatment from one of the country’s most effective recovery centers, call Palm Partners at 1-877-7114623.